Historical Societies need the support of the community, almost by definition. There are, however, a few things that would come in handy, to help us fulfill our mission.
- Generosity: Please help us keep the doors open for 2016! It takes almost $100,000 per year for us to operate this volunteer organization. We really and truly need your help now.
- Glass Display Cases: These could be left over from Port Washington stores from yesteryear, or they could be more contemporary designs, as often used by museums. We are showcasing more and more of our collection in 2016 and need the abilty to display our local artifacts and memorabilia safely.
- Bookcase: We need another bookcase for our library, in our Collections Room.
- Port Washington Artifacts & Memorabilia: From early paper documents and maps to school momentos from the 1950’s, 60’s and 70’s… It’s all of potential interest to our Collections Committee.
- We need volunteer tour guides (docents) whom we’ll happily train.
- We need people to help Betty Mintz with her plans for a garden renovation for 2016.
Please email us if you’d like any more information about any of these specific needs. If you have something that you think might be of interest to us, email us a photograph along with your description.